Are you a museum educator looking to share your passion for art and history with visitors to the City of Light? Paris Muse is looking for highly qualified art historians and historians to lead our small, in-depth museum programs and walking tours.
Applicants should have these minimum qualifications to apply:
• French national guide certification (please include a copy in your application materials)
• Native or near-native fluency in English.
• Extensive teaching experience, preferably in museum galleries.
• A dynamic personality and impeccable interpersonal skills; willingness to maintain standards of high-end customer service.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; an ability to speak in an accessible, jargon-free manner to non-academic audiences.
• A solid, broad-based knowledge of art history and/or history, beyond area of your specialization.
• A willingness to collaborate with a team of educators. Our docents participate in ongoing learning workshops throughout the year.
If sharing your passion for art, history and culture inspires you, send your CV and cover letter to Inge Laino, Director (email@example.com). Please use “National Guide Application” as a subject line. Application materials should be in .pdf format, with your last name as file titles.
Your letter should clearly address: 1) how you meet the qualifications listed in this description; 2) which of our programs you would like to lead, and why; 3) your typical availability in an average week; 4) if you have experience teaching children and would like to lead our family tours. Please do not apply if you do not live in Paris or do not have set plans to do so in the next 3-6 months.